Social media has been growing constantly and is the most commonly used by marketers and business owners. A lot of macro or micro businesses are interested in the potential behind using Facebook groups lately. A Facebook group can offer higher exposure to increase their customers and target markets.
Facebook groups collaborate and discuss many things. It may be helpful for you and your business depending on your case.
Posting on Facebook groups is like having a discussion or a forum with the members or you can introduce your business to them. It is the platform for people with the same interest, they can trade information easily and give tips with each other.
Pros of Facebook Groups.
- It creates community. Using facebook group platforms is one way to form a community around your business quickly. This can also increase the perceived value of your offerings or services.
- You can get ideas. You can collaborate and share ideas with the community in the group. As a business owner you can ask for feedback and get ideas on how to improve and modify your products or services.
- Social proof. If a customer is still trying to decide whether to buy your product and comes across a referral in a facebook group, many users there will feel more comfortable with buying from you.
- More accessible. Having and joining Facebook groups makes your products more relateable to your customers and target market.
- It allows you to post announcements. You can post your product or services on the Facebook page and engage with the members inside.
There are many benefits when using Facebook groups but these are the most relevant. Now, let’s talk about some cons.
Cons of Facebook groups.
- It is not good for formal support. It may be good for peer-to-peer support but it is a terrible way for offering formal support to your customers.
- Facebook groups cannot be searched in Google searches, unlike having a Facebook page.
- Facebook groups don’t provide insights and analytics about the activity of the group.
- Approval for request. When joining a Facebook group you need to wait for the approval of the admin to be a member.
If you want to use Facebook group as a platform for your business just think about the details. But overall, Facebook groups can be a good way to reach a certain community that is more engaging and have informative content that can help your business.